Principles of social responsibility
STIHL operates on a sustained basis in the interest of the company, its staff and the community in equal measure. The Group recognises its responsibility as part of society in all the regions in which it operates. STIHL respects the cultural, social, political and legal diversity of societies and nations. The STIHL Group abides by the laws and regulations applicable in individual countries and harmonizes commercial goals with the demands detailed below. These principles are part of our corporate culture. The employees of the entire STIHL Group conduct themselves accordingly. We expect our business partners to adhere to similar principles.
STIHL observes compliance with the internationally proclaimed human rights.
The STIHL working world
- Supports the principle of the social market economy and competition
- Acknowledges their employees' freedom of association
- Rejects any form of forced labour and child labour
- Observes equality of opportunities in recruitment and employment
- Undertakes to maintain health and safety at work at a high level and to seek constantly to improve it
- Supports the integration of physically and mentally handicapped people
Environment and Energy
STIHL declares its commitment to sustainability in conservation of the environment. The company undertakes to practice a high level of environmental protection and energy efficiency and their continuous improvement - in our company processes and our products. We shall reduce our energy consumption on a long-term basis and use energy economically.
STIHL is opposed to corruption, including extortion and bribery.
signed Dr. Nikolas Stihl (Chairman of the Supervisory Board of STIHL AG)
signed Dr. Bertram Kandziora (Chairman of the Executive Board of STIHL AG)